Attending to and Expressing Our Needs in Relationships
Mara Glatzel’s book, “Needy”, addresses the importance of advocating for and expressing our needs in relationships.
Mara Glatzel, MSW is an author, intuitive coach, and podcast host who helps humans stop abandoning themselves and start reclaiming their humanity through embracing their needs and honoring their natural energy rhythms. Her superpower is saying what you need to hear when you need to hear it and she is here to help you believe in yourself as much as she believes in you.
In this episode of Last First Date Radio:
- Why we’re so uncomfortable with our neediness
- The difference between the self-care we are sold and the self-care we actually need
- The first steps to take to advocate for your needs when you’re in a relationship that has deeply ingrained expectations
- What we can do with our “ugly” needs – the ones that we worry will be too overwhelming and burdensome for others
- How to create a blueprint for what you need in your relationships