20 of My Best Dating Tips
There’s a lot of conflicting dating advice out there. How do you make sense of it all? Do you listen to your best friend? Your mother? The ‘experts’? I wanted to give a shout out to a few dating coaches whose wisdom influenced me the most and influenced many of the tips I share in my blog.Thank you to:
David Steele of the Relationship Coaching Institute (http://www.relationshipcoachinginstitute.com/david-steele) who taught me about being the chooser.
Matthew Hussey, author of ‘Get the Guy’, (http://www.gettheguy.co.uk/) who taught me about the importance of being a high value woman and setting clear boundaries with men.
And a special thank you to Evan Marc Katz, (http://www.evanmarckatz.com/) a dating coach whose common-sense wisdom has inspired much of my coaching. He’s the one who taught me about not putting people on a pedestal because you can only look down on them. Many of the 20 tips were learned from Evan.
I am also grateful to the work of Allison Armstrong, Pat Allen, and LiYana Silver, who taught me the importance of understanding feminine and masculine energy. They’ve shared the secrets of how to speak to men so they’ll listen, and how to be the type of woman who inspires a man to choose them.
Thanks to all of the coaches and therapists above, and the many more I did not mention. You have helped me become the coach I am today.
I’ve compiled a list of 20 of the best dating tips. Do you agree? Disagree? Do you have any dating advice to add to the list? Please share in your comments below.
20 of my best dating tips
- Date a few people at a time until you’re ready to become exclusive with one.
- When words and action don’t align, pay more attention to his/her actions.
- The three most important elements of a partner are kindness, consistency, and character.
- Don’t make assumptions about your date- check out a person by getting curious.
- Don’t bring your past relationships to your present relationships. Each person is a clean slate.
- When a person first reveals him/herself to you, pay close attention. That’s when you learn most of what you need to know.
- If a man is interested, he will pursue a woman. She doesn’t need to text the next day to remind him that they had a great time on the date.
- During the courting phase, a woman’s job is to do nothing except say yes to a date, a first kiss, etc, etc, etc.
- Let the man take charge if she wants a take charge man.
- A woman doesn’t have to have a ‘perfect’ body and face to be attractive. An irresistible woman is fun, drama-free, intelligent, and sensual.
- Don’t invest more into a man than he invests into you.
- When you put someone on a pedestal, the only place he/she can look is down.
- Enter a relationship with your eyes wide open. The character and values that you see are what you get.
- Women need to stop hoping they can fix a man.
- Don’t waste time in a relationship with someone who doesn’t value you.
- Don’t plan the future before there’s a present.
- Each date is an opportunity to learn something about yourself and about dating. Have fun and lighten up about dating.
- As grandma said, every pot has a lid. Don’t give up hope.
- Your self-esteem is equal to the quality of the person you attract.
- Be the chooser. Don’t ever give up your power for a man or woman.