6 Keys to Spiritual Dating
Jill Crosby is the owner and founder of the largest exclusively spiritual/conscious dating site on the Internet, www.SpiritualSingles.com. She is a dynamic public speaker, workshop/retreat leader and hypnotherapist. She communicates with dolphins and whales and facilitates Wild Dolphin and Whale Swim Retreats for Singles. She also is the owner and founder of the international events site, www.SpiritualEvents.com and lives in beautiful, sacred Mount Shasta, California. I loved talking to her about Spiritual Dating Sites on Last First Date Radio. Following are loosely transcribed highlights of our show.
How is Spiritual Dating different from mainstream dating?
It’s more from the heart, being real and authentic. You let go of expectations in dating. When you’re present, listening, you are there for the other person instead of thinking about what you’re going to say next or “I can relate to that”. If you’re thinking of what you’re going to say next, you’re not listening. When you listen, you hold the container for your date to be heard. Stay in your heart and be present. When you listen, it crates a safe space. You can see their beauty and divinity even if you don’t feel chemistry.
What can you do if a man talks and talks on a date?
Let him talk for a while, and then gently interrupt him. Be 100% honest. Tell him what you’re feeling in the moment in a nice way. For example, “I’m really enjoying your story. And I’m feeling like this is a one-sided conversation right now. You’re telling this story because you’re probably wanting to share yourself with me. I’d enjoy it if we could have more of a back and forth conversation.”
What are “The 6 Keys to Spiritual Dating”?
1. Remembering our divinity. Tune into the divine aspect of ourselves. It helps us love ourselves so we can embrace all of the aspects of ourselves and of others. By remembering our divinity, we come to dating from a healthy fulfilled place.
2. Be present and open. This applies to your whole life, whenever you meet anyone. Even if you’re on line in the grocery store and you meet someone new, you’ll appreciate them, no matter who they are.
3. Be realistic. Let go of “types” or preconceived ideas of what people should look or be like. Throw Barbie and Ken out the window. Feel the soul of the person you’re with. Let go of the programming that society has expected of you.
4. Let your guard down and be authentic. When you’re true to your authentic self, you’re going to magnetize your most authentic and aligned partner.
5. Listen. As mentioned above, listening and being fully present is essential to spiritual dating.
6. Stay in the flow. This involves being in our heart and being present. Trust your inner guidance and listen to where you should be in each moment. Tune up your intuition. If you get a strong pull to do something else, do it.
To listen to the entire episode and/or download to listen later, click here.