6 Steps to Stop Overthinking in Life and Love
If you’ve ever been stuck in analysis paralysis, overthinking every aspect of dating and life in general, this video is for you! Learn 6 steps to STOP overthinking.
Are you a chronic worrier? Do you overanalyze everything people say or do? If you are plagued with constant rumination and second guessing, I can help. I created a video just for you. In it, I outline six steps to stop overthinking in life and love. Some of them may surprise you…
How to Stop Overthinking in Life and Love
Watch the video for an in-depth look at how to stop overthinking.
Summary of the 6 Steps to Stop Overthinking
1. Awareness. Notice when you’re stuck in your head. What’s happening in your body? If your muscles are tight, take a few deep breaths and relax.
2. Focus on what you CAN control. Keep the focus on staying present, not focused on the past or the future, which you can’t control. Begin to think about the problems you can solve.
3. Look at evidence. Ask yourself if what you’re thinking is true. Challenge your thoughts. Separate from the emotions you’re feeling, and only focus on what you know to be true.
4. Create a daily worry dump. Spend 10-20 minutes a day writing in a journal, dumping all that you are worried about, ruminating, or mulling over. When you see it written down, you can decide what’s worth focusing on, and what you can let go of.
5. Adapt a mindfulness practice. Bring your awareness to the present throughout your day. Be here now, and your brain will stop overthinking. You might want to get a meditation app to help you stay calm.
6. Do something different. Don’t tell yourself to stop thinking about something; it will only make you focus on that thing even more. Do something else, like exercise, getting involved in a work project, or talking to someone about a different topic.
The next time you catch yourself overthinking in life or love, practice these six steps. Before you know it, your overthinking brain will calm down. You be able to trust your brilliant intuition without second guessing. Ahhhhh, what a relief that will be!
P.S. If you are an over thinker, you may be sabotaging your love life (without even knowing it). I see it every day…Smart successful women who overanalyze and overthink their way OUT of a relationship instead of in.
If you’re ready to stop overthinking and welcome in a deeply fulfilling relationship with a quality man who adores you… I would LOVE to talk to you!
I have a few spots open in my coaching practice. Click here to apply for one of my complimentary breakthrough sessions and learn how I can help you find lasting love.
Are you an over-thinker? If so, what do you do to calm your brain? Please share in the comments below.