7 Steps to Healing from Sexual Trauma
In the era of the #metoo movement, it’s important to not only speak up, but to heal from sexual trauma. Today’s radio guest is an expert in this area. Listen to this important episode.
My radio guest, Carolin Hauser-Carson, spoke about her process for healing from sexual trauma. She is a German trained Naturopathic Doctor, Humanistic Psychotherapist, and Family Constellations Facilitator. She is the author of the books, Blossom and The Pleasure IQ.
An internationally-recognized teacher on the subjects of healing and women’s empowerment for almost two decades, Carolin combines her knowledge to help women have love-filled lives that flow with ease and amazing results. Her work is based on the intersection of where the human body and experience meets past–and even ancestral–trauma, and shows how each individual’s authentic and true self is the source of one’s own good – a place of unlimited abundance, creativity, courage, and joyful existence.
Highlights below for episode #305: What’s Next After #MeToo—7 Steps to Sexual Healing.
7 Steps to Healing from Sexual Trauma
Carolin, what is your connection to #metoo?
When I was 10, I suffered from anorexia and bulimia, and it lasted until my 20’s. That’s when I finally began a treatment called family constellations. I healed within 6 months. I was trying to figure out what to do with my life, and my friend told me that because of my incredible experience with healing through family constellations, I needed to help others heal, so I studied to become a naturopathic physician, psychotherapist and healer.
When my daughter turned three, memories of my childhood sexual abuse came back [that was the age I was when I was abused by my grandfather]. I was surprised. I thought I had already worked through the abuse. My spiritual mentor helped me realize that healing from my abuse was part of my purpose. That’s why I wrote Blossom, a book about healing from sexual abuse.
What are the seven steps to healing from sexual trauma or abuse?
B.L.O.S.S.O.M. is an acronym for the 7 steps to healing.
- B: Bringing your mind on board. Letting your subconscious know what the journey will be to reduce resistance.
- L: Landing within yourself. The healing is body-centric. Use your body as a healing tool.
- O: Opening to intuition. Connection to your higher self. This is the part that will keep us safe and lead to greater fulfillment.
- S: Seeing with the eyes of truth. Take responsibility. Learn how to step out of a victim position. Take back your control. Learn how you gave away your power and how you can help others heal through your healing.
- S: Stretch beyond your limits. If your body was a house, the abuse is as if lightning has struck your house. The healing is going into your house and finding the parts that were melted. You will learn how to heal your body.
- O: Own all of who you are. Move into integration between your masculine and feminine energies.
- M: Meet the world and your beloved. This is learning how to be safe in the world and be the person you were meant to be. If you’re already in a relationship, you can use these tools to improve your relationship. If you’re not in a relationship, this gives you the tools to invite in a romantic relationship again.
Listen to the podcast to find out:
How can women feel safe with men again?
How did Carolin meet her second husband and soulmate Paul?
Don’t give up hope of finding love. If you have the feeling ‘the one’ is out there for you, it’s true. Your souls are already connected.
Take the free pleasure IQ quiz on Carolin’s website here.
Check out her website to learn more about healing from sexual trauma.
It’s really really important to have our podcast reviewed. If our show has provided value or helped you in any way over the years, please:
1. Leave us a review on iTunes and share how the show has helped you or inspired you to move ahead. Here’s our show on iTunes.
2. Share with your friends, family and colleagues. If you’ve got people in your life who are looking for a good dating and relationship podcast to subscribe to, recommend Last First Date Radio!
Listen to/download this episode here!