How to Let Go of Control
Are you able to let go of control when you’re dating or in a relationship? In this video, you’ll learn about the art of surrender.
Why let go of control in dating? So many of us try to control everything in life, especially our romantic relationships. As Dr. Phil would say, “How’s that working for ya?” I imagine not too well. When we surrender control, love unfolds in a much calmer, more peaceful and joyous way. Watch the video below to learn more and finally get this control thing handled!
Letting Go: The Art of Surrender
Why do we control?
- We’re afraid of what will happen if we let go (we’ll lose ourselves, get hurt, be disrespected).
- We’re attached to an outcome we think is best for us (which closes us off to what’s actually better for us).
- Control is about fast forwarding to the future or rewinding to the past. When we surrender and let go of trying to control the outcome, we’re present and feel calmer and more at peace.
- We’re less guarded and more open to the men we date.
- We connect more deeply and have more authentic relationships.
How to surrender?
To surrender is to stop fighting with yourself, with the universe and with the natural flow of things.
It’s not about inaction. It’s about taking action from the place of surrender energy. Here’s how to shift into surrender energy vs. control energy.
Ask yourself these three questions:
- “What am I afraid will happen if I let go of trying to control?”
- “Whose side of the street am I on?”
- “When have I let go before, and things worked out?”
Now it’s your turn: please share a time when you tried to assert control in a relationship. What was the effect on you and on your partner?
Want to finally attract the epic love you deserve–by surrendering control? Schedule your complimentary 1/2 hour Love Breakthrough Session. Learn how coaching with Sandy can help you fall in love with a partner who meets you on every level. https://lastfirstdate.com/breakthrough