Is He THE ONE? 5 Tests Your Soulmate Must Pass
How can you tell if he’s the ONE? This is the million dollar question. Whether it’s to tie the knot or commit to a long-term relationship, you want to make sure you have made the right choice. While there are no guarantees, it is helpful to put your relationship through the following five tests.
1. How do you feel when you’re with him? Do you feel safe? Secure? Do you laugh and have fun?
2. Does he have your back? Does he stand up for you in times of challenge?
3. Do you share common goals and values?
4. Do you enjoy each other’s personalities? This may sound obvious, but many couples are not really great friends before tying the knot. This is essential in a relationship that hopefully will last a lifetime.
5. Does his character stand up over time? Many relationships begin with sparks of sexual attraction. Key components of a successful long-term relationship can be overlooked because sex can make you stupid. I recommend that you hold off on sex until you’re in a committed relationship. Once you’ve spent a year or so together, you will have seen the true character of your mate and know whether there is an authentic deep bond, one that will stand the test of time.