Uncover Your Unhealthy Dating Patterns
In this video, I reveal my five steps to uncover your unhealthy dating patterns so you can begin to attract in healthy love.
You’ve heard the quote, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” (Fun fact: Einstein didn’t say it)
If that’s insanity, then why do we keep dating the same guy with a different face, expecting different results? The problem is, we usually don’t see the patterns, which is why we repeat them!
In this video, I reveal my five steps to begin to uncover your unhealthy dating patterns so you can begin to attract in healthy love.
Unhealthy Dating Patterns
Watch the video for a deeper dive into this topic
Highlights of what I covered in the video:
In order to create internal shifts to have healthy relationships, we need awareness, acceptance and action. These are the same steps in 12-step recovery programs that lead to healing from addictions.
Awareness (when you reveal it, you can heal it)
1. Make a list of your pivotal relationships. What red flags do they have in common? How were your needs not met? What excuses did you make for his behavior? Be honest and thorough.
2. Forgive yourself. You did the best you could with the tools you had at the time. Be kind to yourself. When you know better, you’ll do better.
3. Understand where your pattern originated. Knowledge is power. When you know where in your family of origin the unhealthy patterns began, you can begin to heal.
Acceptance (when you accept, you can move on with confidence)
4. Take responsibility for your share. This is where healing truly begins. Did you not speak up early on? Were you unclear about the type of relationship you needed? Did you have trouble setting boundaries?
Action (with action comes positive change)
5. Learn and practice new love skills. Did you ignore red flags? Become a red flag expert. Did you not speak up when feelings were hurt? Learn better communication skills. Were your boundaries fuzzy? Learn how to set and keep guilt-free boundaries. Learn the skills you need for healthier relationships, and you’ll magnetize a healthy partner.
Awareness, acceptance, action. This is the path to finding your last first date!
What are your unhealthy dating patterns? What are you willing to commit to in the coming week to begin to heal from your past?
If you’re feeling stuck in dating and relationships and would like to learn what’s getting in the way of your last first date, sign up for a complimentary 1/2 hour breakthrough session https://lastfirstdate.com/breakthrough
Join Your Last First Date on Facebook https://facebook.com/groups/yourlastfirstdate
Get a copy of Sandy’s book, Becoming a Woman of Value; How to Thrive in Life and Love.