Unhappiness = Frustration = No Relationships. How do you turn your love life around?
Dating can be a very frustrating experience. If you’re seeking a lasting, loving relationship, most of the people you meet will NOT be right for you. That’s only logical. Of course there are the rare exceptions, those who meet their beloved right out of the gate. But for most of us, the default setting for dating is failure. It’s not LOVE until it is. But the journey is as important as the destination. And staying hopeful and upbeat throughout can be challenging. That’s why you need support.
To paraphrase a post I read today by Seth Godin:
Unaddressed, it compounds into frustration.
And frustration is the soul killer, the destroyer of relationships.
The solution is pretty simple: address the unhappiness.
Actual intention (and action) in digging deeper is difficult work. If it doesn’t feel like you’re working at it, you’re probably not doing it right.
Doing internal work is key to addressing frustration in dating.
Part of that internal work is knowing you’re always at choice. This one internal shift can turn a victim mentality into an empowerment mentality.
- Reacting to frustration with anger, blame, or rage?
- Trying to control the outcome of every date/relationship?
- Blaming others for your life situation?
- Emotionally distant or aloof?
- Holding onto a past relationship?
- Want others to ‘save you’ and make your difficult life better?
- Your teenage daughter confided in you
- You saw the budding flowers on the trees
- You were able to get through the day without any major aches and pains
- Your friend called and you had a great conversation
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.